- "Oh you... you are a friend of Dawn Star, right? I'm looking for her."
- –Mrs. Jong, spoken to the Player
Ghost of a Son
- "Some spirits return because of trauma, to rectify something that disturbed them in life or death. They are very focused. Then the pain is gone, they find rest."
- –Dawn Star
Mrs. Jong's only son, Jong Jin, drowned a year ago when the watercraft he was aboard came loose from the pier. Mrs. Jong had tied the vessel and the boy's death was an accident. Dawn Star, who was sensitive to the Spirit World, saw Jin's ghost and told Mrs. Jong. Distraught, Mrs. Jong accused Dawn Star of calling up spirits.
- "Jin's spirit told his mother the accident wasn't her fault. Now he wanders, unconnected to this world and unable to pass to the next".
- –Dawn Star
The night before the bandit attack, Mrs. Jong was visited by her son's ghost. Remembering Dawn Star's advice, she was not afraid and spoke with him. Mrs. Jong saw that Jin's ghost was peaceful, though a bit lost. The next day she apologized to Dawn Star for previously accusing her of summoning spirits.
If the Player assisted the Water Dragon reclaim her powers, Jong Jin's spirit would no longer be lost and would go to the Underworld with his mother's ghost.
- Mrs. Jong shares her model with one of Princess Lian's handmaidens.