Fighting styles are the varied forms of combat used in Jade Empire. Your opponents will use a dizzying variety of styles, from the wild punches of a tavern brawler to the studied blocks of a master. Each style has advantages and drawbacks, and each represents a particular school of martial discipline. As a respected master, you have the chance to learn many styles and are not restricted to one in particular.
But your true strength is the ability to switch styles during combat: strike with the lightning-fast attacks of the Thousand Cuts style and then surprise your enemy with a blast of flames from the Dire Flame style. Inhabitants of the Jade Empire reveal a great deal about themselves by their choices. Of course, the styles you choose speak volumes as well. So choose wisely.
- Iron Palm (PC only)
- Legendary Strike
- Thousand Cuts
- Leaping Tiger
- Viper (PC only)
- White Demon
- Willow (Cut)
- Double Axes: Tang's Vengeance
- Double Sabres: Eyes of the Dragon / Crimson Tears
- Firearm: Mirabelle
- Improvised weapons: Twin Hams
- Longsword: Fortune's Favorite / Dragon Sword / Demon Sword (PC only)
- Staff: Golden Star / Tien's Justice (replaces Golden Star in Limited Edition) / Flawless / Demon Staff (PC only)